Here I am in Indiana again, over Thanksgiving Break. The car trip was very very long. We were in the car from 10:30am to about midnight our time. I managaed to bring the laptop, along with Jeff's help, and I did write a little bit in the car, but the second time my words didn't save. I know it was over 1k and I wrote them over, but I don't think the new ones are as good.
This may be random, but as soon as November's over, I'm going to write a writing essay and submit it to the Florida Writering Conference to maybe win a scholarship. I can't go unless I get a scholarship, as it's way too much money, plus the cost of plane tickets. Mom would be coming with me, but I don't know how. Even though I'll be 16 then, I still can't go on a plane by myself...Not that I'd want to though. =P
I got to see my new second cousin, Aiden, for the first time yesterday. He's only 6 months, but he's so big he's wearing 12 month old clothes. He's so cute! When you hold him up, standing, on your lap, he loves to bounce and jump. Heh, it's kind of funny...Marlee's come out of her shell now. I've never heard her talk so much, ever!
Haha, well, I'm sick. I knew it was coming, so starting Thursday when the first hint of sore throat hit me, I took lots and lots of vitamin C. Well....it didn't help. It held it off though. Monday was the day when the sore throat stayed all day long. Now, I have a full- fledged cold...Well...almost. Stuffy nose, constantly sneezing, etc...I despise sickness. Why me? Why now!?!?!?!?
...
I'm alive though, even if it's in misery. So, today I have no idea what we're doing. Yesterday, we shopped, had family pictures taken, went out to eat with Jesse's family, and came back here. I fell asleep while Mariah watched The Two Towers and the rest went on a walk to the falls. It's sooo warm here! I was utterly surprised when we climbed out of the car in Iowa and Illinois to find that it was almost 70 degrees out! But today it's supposed to cold down alot but I hope it stays warm.
Ach, I'm tired, hungry, and my throat HURTS, so I'm going to go see if I can comfort myself by reading, researching, and writing. Lol, I haven't even touched my schoolwork...I really should do my Spanish today. I had a dream that tomorrow was South Heights, even though it's our week off because of Thanksgiving, and I hadn't done any of my homework, so I had to take notes and the mean guy teacher who I had no idea who he was made me retake the class or something...I don't know. It was really weird and I've forgotten most of it. Tootles!
Moving to Substack
5 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment