
**Beware of spoilers**
YEA! So finally the long-awaited sequel to the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is here! My family being big Narnia fans since I was small, we went to go see it on the opening night at midnight with some friends. And what was my reaction! I LOVED it! Surprisingly maybe even a little more than I thought I would.
Yes, it was much darker than LWW, but I liked the feel of the movie. The battle scenes were pretty sweet. As for the actors? I don't like who Peter turned out to be. He seemed arrogant and too grown up for my liking. Not the Peter we remember from LWW. But I need to stop comparing. Susan was, well, Susan. Edmund and Lucy both did a great job, though, to me it seemed like Edmund's part was more minor than before. Probably because he'll be in the next movie, and Susan and Peter won't.
As for Ben Barnes, the guy who plays Prince Caspian. He was a good actor, I'll give him that. I liked the way the Telmarines had slightly Spanish accents. He pulled it off real well. There was just this bit of romance that practically ruined the whole movie (and Caspian's future <_<).
Half the time I was obsessing over costumes. I loved every one of Susan's dresses! (except her school clothes XD).
The movie was not like the book. There were a lot of good things they kept in, but so much more was added. I was glad. Prince Caspian, to me, is the most boring book in the series, and I was glad they added more color to it. Some of it got out of hand *coughCaspianandSusancough* but most of it was done really well.
All in all. I liked it. No, loved it. I will definetly see it again (well, at least when it hits the cheap theaters), and I'll certainly buy it.
For Narnia! :)
~Shae
Moving to Substack
5 months ago

1 comments:
I agree with you Shae! I didn't like the way Peter acted in Prince Caspian. They portrayed Susan well though. I can't wait for the next movie!
Post a Comment